Thursday, August 12, 2010

Rob heads to Biloxi, Mississippi



After Clearwater, FL we passed through Alabama and into Mississippi.






Rob had me set up camp in Biloxi, Mississippi for the night. The hotel was directly across the street from the Gulf of Mexico, just as it had been in Clearwater, FL. However, the similarities end there. While the beach in Clearwater was bustling with activity from sunrise to well after sunset, the beach in Biloxi was deserted.





I spotted crews like this one every few miles along the Biloxi shore. I don't know if they were just doing standard beach cleanup (picking up litter, etc) or if they were involved in the cleanup from the oil spill.


Even as I was leaving the next morning, the beaches were still empty.

I drove almost 550 miles from Clearwater to Biloxi. I found it interesting that any time I saw a BP gas station it was as empty as the Biloxi beaches.

No comments: