Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ever want to see a Yankees game in Texas?

When I looked at the calendar to plan the trip out and realized I would be passing through Texas while the Yankees had a two-game series against the Rangers, I just had to adjust the route to make sure to see one of the games! Rob and I are here at the home plate entrance to the Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, TX.




My boyfriend, Jorge Posada, at batting practice.


From my seat I could actually see John Sterling as he called the game for WCBS, 880 AM in New York. Sadly I did not see his color commentary pal Suzyn Waldman.


Cliff Lee pitched for the Rangers.


Derek Jeter fields his position at shortstop.


I found out halfway through the 3rd inning that I was enjoying the game in the presence of George W. Bush and Laura Bush! I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing they had better seats than I did...


The ballpark at night. Even at 10:30pm it was still 93 degrees!


Joe Girardi (#28) comes out to the mound to make a pitching change.


At one point the Rangers were beating the Yankees 6-1. But little by little the Yankees chipped away at the lead and in the top of the 9th inning tied the Rangers 6-6 and then pulled ahead 7-6. Mariano Rivera came out to save the game for the Yankees in the bottom of the 9th. In true cliffhanger fashion, he allowed a runner on 3rd base with no outs, but managed to get the final 3 outs of the game without letting that runner score.

No comments: