Sunday, August 10, 2008

Driving through Minnesota and most of South Dakota

I asked Mrs. Weasleby to take me to the Badlands, and she responded by telling me just to drive straight for 500+ miles. If you haven't yet met Mrs. Weasleby, that's not quite her style. She's always putting her two cents in. Even if there is no actual action I need to take, sometimes she'll just tell me "keep left in 2 miles." Nope. Not today. Today she just said drive. For 500 miles.


South Dakota at last! Only 300 miles 'til the Badlands!


I stopped in Mitchell at the Corn Palace. All of the murals are made out of corn.


Ears of corn! Many ears of corn!


This is one of the outside murals. Someone made a math teacher out of CORN! It HAS to be a math teacher -- look at the detail! She's teaching them about the area of a circle. Pie Are Squared (but pies are round!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good......

wilhemina said...

And here I thought you were the corniest math teacher ever! Though it is saying something that to top you they had to make the teacher out of ACTUAL corn...

jenn said...

Mrs. W must have been itching to recalculate something! Thank goodness for those gas and food stops.